NovoMix 30 Penfill

NovoMix 30 Penfill

Insulin Aspart

Product information

NovoMix 30 are cartridges filled with NovoLog Mix 70/30, which is a mixture of 70% insulin aspart protamine and 30% soluble insulin aspart. Insulin aspart is a fast-acting mealtime insulin analog that is nearly identical to naturally occurring human insulin. Insulin aspart protamine is an intermediate-acting insulin analog that has small proteins called protamines added to slow down insulin aspart’s onset and to extend its duration of action.

In stock and ready to ship.

RX Required

Product options

Product strength & quantity

NovoMix 30 penfill cartridges are for use with your insulin pen in the treatment of patients with diabetes. It has a rapid onset and an intermediate duration of action which means it can be used to control your blood sugar levels during meals and also between meals and at nighttime. NovoMix 30 is a blood sugar-lowering mixture of man-made insulins that has a rapid onset and an intermediate duration of action. Its primary action is the regulation of sugar breakdown from the food you eat. All types of insulin including NovoMix 30 work by activating mechanisms in your body that lower blood sugar. They increase the absorption of sugar from the blood and into fat and skeletal muscle while also blocking the production and release of sugar from the liver into the blood. The rapid absorption of insulin aspart itself is maintained by NovoMix 30. The insulin aspart component (30%) of the mixture is absorbed more rapidly from than naturally occurring human insulin and begins to work within 15 minutes. The remaining 70% of the mixture is insulin aspart protamine which has a long absorption profile lasting up to 24 hours. The peak activity of NovoLog Mix 70/30 is between one to four hours after subcutaneous (under the skin) injection.